An Anderson Gallery summer to-do list:
1. Visit us and see our summer exhibitions (on view through August 4):
Sanford Biggers: Codex
Jacob Lawrence: The Harriet Tubman Series
A new work by painter and VCU professor Ron Johnson in the Cool Spot Lounge
2. Come to a Happy Hour at the Anderson Gallery event (or two, or three, or eight!). Cash bar + free (amazing) programs, every Wednesday evening in June and July from 5-7. Find out what’s happening by visiting the events page on our website.
3. Submit your picture of a perfect summer cloud to our tumblr page (http://andersongallery.tumblr.com). All of the images will be gathered and printed on fabric. And, then, that fabric will be turned into a quilt at the final Happy Hour of the summer (July 31). Participate by submitting a pic or sewing a stitch and you can win the finished quilt!
4. Hang out in the Cool Spot Lounge. Kick off your shoes, read a magazine and enjoy the air conditioning. We’re open Tuesday-Sunday, noon-5 (noon-7 on Wednesdays); closed on Monday.
5. Follow us on Facebook to keep up with our latest goings-on.